Applying for an Undergraduate course
UAL's six prestigious Colleges offer over 100 courses at undergraduate (higher education) level in art, design, fashion, communication, media and performing arts.
Before you begin the application process you need to decide which course, at which College, you’d like to study. The video above will help you understand the application and selection process, and the types of questions we might ask to gauge your suitability for the course.
Many courses offer open days where you can meet teaching staff, talk to current students and see the facilities available at the College. They also provide information about making an application, interviews, fees and finance, student support and accommodation.
UAL offers the following types of undergraduate course:
- Foundation degrees (FdA): These are 2 years in length and have work-based learning at their core.
- Bachelor degrees (BA/BSc): These are 3 or 4 years in length and are designed to give you a thorough understanding of your subject to enter work or progress onto postgraduate study.
- Integrated Masters degrees: These courses comprise 3 years of undergraduate-level study, followed by a fourth year of postgraduate-level study leading to a masters qualification.
How to apply
Home/EU applicants must apply through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
Full details about this process, including key dates and deadlines, can be found on our Applying Through UCAS page.
International applicants may apply through 1 of these 3 routes only:
- Through overseas representatives in your country
- Through UCAS
- Through a direct application, via the online application form found on the specific course page
You can find more advice and guidance for international students in the dedicated application advice for international students section of this website.
When you apply to a course in a subject like fine art, graphic design, fashion design, and other hands-on disciplines at UAL, a portfolio is a very important part of your application.
We have put together dedicated advice and guidance on how prepare your portfolio, which you can find on the portfolio preparation page of this website.